08 December 2011

Baked Vegan Spring Rolls

For some reason, I never sleep until it's wwwaaaayyyy past my bedtime, then I wake up grumpy and cranky. Hmm...I think there is a reason for it. I just can't put my finger on it. LOL!!

Well, with me up so late every night, dinner at 6 PM doesn't keep me full until breakfast time. I always seem to have a craving of some sort of snack at 1 AM. Tonight, it was spring rolls. I made some super quick BAKED not FRIED spring rolls.

They were crispy not soggy and very yummy! :)

Baked Vegan Spring Rolls

Ingredients:
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Sesame Oil
2 cups pre-packaged Broccoli Slaw Salad Mix
2 cups pre-packaged Cole Slaw Salad Mix
2 cup Bean Sprouts
3 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
8 Spring Roll Sheets
Cooking spray
Optional:
1 tsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Water

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line with foil and grease large baking sheet.
  2. Heat wok over high heat, when wok is hot, add vegetable and sesame oil. When oil is hot, add broccoli slaw, Cole Slaw, and bean sprouts. Stir fry until vegetables begin to soften, about 10-15 minutes.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together Teriyaki and Hoisin Sauce. Add to vegetables and continue to stir fry until vegetables are soft. Drain vegetables of liquid. (Save liquid for future stir fries.)
  4. Divide filling equally between 8 Spring Roll Sheets, wrap tightly. Place on prepared baking sheets seam side down. (Here’s a video showing how to fold a Spring Roll.) If you would like, you can mix some cornstarch with some water to “seal” the end of the spring roll. I didn't have to, when they were baked the Spring Rolls stayed closed.
  5. Spray Spring Rolls with some cooking spray, then place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remember to turn Spring Rolls and rotate pan half way through bake time.
  6. Serve immediately with your favourite sauce or as is. 
Almost as good as mom makes it, but definitely a lot healthier and much easier. :)

Happy Snacking and Cooking!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;